Right now, even though STEM skills are increasingly important, over 60% of students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math at their own grade-level. The pandemic has increased the opportunity gap for our most vulnerable students. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and school and have the tools they need to reach their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology using advanced data science in a way that inspires students and empowers teachers. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 5 million kids and over 150,000 educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. In the wake of COVID-19, and the broad range of learning experiences: in-person, all virtual and hybrid models, we are uniquely positioned to bring our best-in-class adaptive learning platform to more students and provide Educators and Parents with insights into their student’s learning.
About the Role
As an SDET, Fully Stack, you will work very closely with our development team to understand the architecture of our existing product and services under development. You will review and contribute to the overall test strategy and quality of the product and services. In conjunction with dev, you will be designing and implementing tooling that will allow for efficient and comprehensive testing. The ideal candidate is someone who not only loves testing – but knows how to make it actionable; who enjoys identifying roadblocks to efficiencies and replacing them with automation; has a driving curiosity to discover what works, why, and an unrelenting desire to improve results and efficiencies.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work closely with developers as peers to understand the underlying architecture and code changes to create test strategies across different layers of the application
- Create and maintain validation environments and infrastructure on AWS in a Mac OS X/Linux environment
- Automate newly integrated features and develop toolsets to augment QA and Development testing
- Extend existing automation framework to work with new services and write end-to-end automation for user scenarios
- Perform continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression suites
- Communicate test status and needs accurately and effectively across teams
- Firmly and passionately advocate for our customers
- 3+ years of testing and automation experience
- Experience testing both front end and backend (UI, API, database, etc.,) required
- Strong technical skills with experience in an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java)
- We use AWS extensively, so experience with AWS technologies (RDS, RedShift, Kinesis, Dynamo) will help you hit the ground running
- This is a highly collaborative role; must be able and willing to work closely with developers on design and review of each other’s work
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Selenium Java is a plus
- Experience testing applications built with a Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with open source automation tools is a plus
- Able to work core hours in Pacific time (approximately 9:00 am to 4:00 pm PST)
- Located in Bellevue or open to Remote work
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!
Read Full Job Description