Security Engineer at Amazon
Amazon Payments Services build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We process millions of transactions every day worldwide across various payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send hundreds of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. We are re-inventing the vision of our platform to provide our internal and external clients the best payment gateway service, benchmarked against the top external alternatives.
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated senior security engineer to join our Application Security team. This team owns all aspects of security for all Amazon Payments applications and services.
As a senior security leader, you will
· contribute to the Amazon Payments security direction,
· innovate and solve security challenges at a massive scale,
· secure the design and implementation of several internal and external payments services,
· proactively perform security assessments to prevent security vulnerabilities,
· perform security testing before release,
· partnering closely with our development teams to produce innovative and secure solutions,
· conducting trainings and hackathon to raise developer awareness of security best practices,
· be expected to be strong in multiple domains and will be sought out for advice on technical issues,
· have excellent time management skills along with the ability to deliver results in the face of uncertainty, and
· foster strong team culture.
A successful candidate will be a deeply curious individual who brings technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company that has broad business impact. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and start on the Amazon Payments innovation as a security leader.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· BS in computer science, networking, information systems, computer engineering, or 3+ years’ equivalent experience
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in software architecture, design, implementation
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in cryptography, application security, threat modeling, penetration testing
· Minimum of 4 years scripting or programming experience in Java, Python, Perl, Scala, or other languages
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in executive communications or technical writing; clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills.
· Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
· Hands-on knowledge of information security technologies such as security design review, threat modeling, secure code review, risk analysis, and penetration testing
· Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, Python, Perl, Scala, etc.)
· Experience with vulnerability risk and impact assessment
· Experience in driving large, cross-organization initiatives
· Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid “analysis paralysis”)
· Strong information security risk-based prioritization abilities
· Information security professional certifications encouraged (SANS GIAC, CISSP etc.)
· Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on translating technically complex issues into simple, easy to understand concepts
· Excellent attention to detail
· MA/MS in computer science/related field
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role