Senior Back-End Software Development Engineer at Apptio
You: You are a seasoned server-side software engineer who is passionate about the quality of your solutions. You love solving challenging algorithmic problems and digging into how and why complex software works the way it does. You are methodical, disciplined, and thorough in your approach to building robust, maintainable, high performing enterprise software, and deeply understand what it takes to design with testability and automation in mind.
Us: We own the core of the Apptio platform that calculates massive amounts of data using an innovative in-memory database. We solve all manner of issues from providing high-level functions and formulas for our domain-specific language to performing low-level tuning of the JVM and everything in between.
What we want you to do: Expand our server platform with new capabilities to enhance its power and versatility. Internalize the existing code base to determine areas that can be refactored/rearchitected for simplicity/maintainability/scalability, etc. Basically, bring your awesomeness to the team.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of professional software development experience using Java, C#, C++, or other object-oriented languages.
- Deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design.
- Strong experience in creating unit and automated functional tests.
- Demonstrated experience with best SDLC practices: coding standards, reviews, code management, build processes, and testing
- Building and operating microservices and DevOps practices
- Exposure to Business Intelligence (BI) concepts
- Demonstrated leadership role in developing and delivering complex software systems
- Experience in working with customers, product management, and senior management to deliver value to the market
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing Software as a Service (SaaS) applications and understanding the impact of this architecture in a deployment environment
- Database implementations (query optimization, index generation, caching) or NoSQL DBs a plus
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Experience developing with AWS
Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k, and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan, and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating the value of IT investments, accelerate innovation, and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.