Senior Backend Engineer, Marketing and Social APIs [Remote / USA only]
What are you looking for in your next company? An open, friendly culture? Smart application of an excellent tech stack? Real diversity? Rock-solid products? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is looking for talented Software Engineer to join our Social team.
This is a remote role for people who live and work in the United States.
What is Hearsay Social?
Hearsay Social is the cornerstone product of the Hearsay Advisor Cloud, connecting to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to enable our customers to build their brand and grow their business via publishing relevant, highly targeted content to their networks. Social also combines inbound customer data and social listening to provide our customers with immediate, high-impact actions they can take to manage their relationships and generate business.
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. Founded in 2009 and helmed by Clara Shih, we are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 150,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the role:
- Collaborate with various engineering teams, product management, and design to execute a diverse range of projects
- Drive the development of new product features and architect infrastructure to support a fast-growing user base
- Be directly responsible for multiple or large components within our product suite; and potentially provide technical leadership to a small team of engineers
- Provide technical influence across multiple teams, drive best practices, and shape how the engineering team works as a whole (process, systems, etc.)
- Strong opinions on what constitutes “good code” and “bad code”
- The ability to listen to other people's strong opinions and willingness to change yours
- Sense of humor (everyone says this, but we really mean it!)
- Whiteboard a new design for a part of the product and arguing over to how best implement it
- Build large features end-to-end (data model, middle tier, front-end), and understand how multiple features come together into a coherent story technically for the user
- Set an example for the engineering group about seniority in technical and product leadership
- You live and work in the USA
- You've worked at least one major remote role (9 months +)
- A BS in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience working across the technical stack, developing modern web apps, and building systems that scale
- Strong product sense and previous experience driving product decisions
- Python fluency is required: we're a python shop
- You've worked at least one major role remotely
- Experience building mail or messaging products, microsites, SaaS products, social apps, or utilizing APIs of social sites
- You have been, or are are ready to be, a technical leader or manager of a small team
We’re looking forward to speaking with you!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: At Hearsay we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description