Senior Cloud Software Development Engineer
You: A fearless and dynamic engineer on an upward path:
- You have ambitious career goals and are looking for a company and team where these goals will be fulfilled.
- You are not afraid to take risks.
- You’ve built and operated tier-1 services
- You know what needs to be done, how to accomplish it expeditiously and execute.
- You are at ease working in an agile, continuous integration DevOps model and are interested in leading the technical direction of a team
Us: We are a growing and fast-moving team of engineers helping our customers understand and optimize their cloud costs. Our work spans the whole stack: we ingest and analyze massive data sets, scan billing and usage patterns for ML-based insights, automate these insights and present data to our customers in an intuitive UI. We follow the DevOps model.
What we want you to do:
- You will work with a talented team to deliver a market-leading Cloud Business Management product.
- You will be a part of a team that has end-to-end ownership of the entire product, from design, development, deployment to operations and interacting with customers.
- You will collaborate with other teams in Apptio to integrate our product within the overall Apptio ecosystem.
- 6+ years of experience developing software. Preferably in a C-like language (C++, Java, etc.)
- Demonstrable computer science literacy: algorithms, data structures
- Demonstrated success in building complex software solutions (applications and/or web services)
- Understanding of what it takes to build production-ready tier-1 software solutions.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux, operating system concepts, networking, file system and databases.
One or more of the following areas:
- Experience with system design, software defined infrastructure, microservices.
- Experience with AWS and/or other public cloud technologies.
- Data savvy: understanding of data big and small, relationship between data sets, data modeling.
- Machine Learning basics.
- Experience working in a DevOps model.
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git and Mercurial.
- Experience with test-driven development and frameworks (e.g. JUnit).
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs. At corporate office- public transportation reimbursement, free parking, free drinks & snacks.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.