Senior Detection and Response Engineer
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case. We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer.
We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice of developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
We are a security company and Auth0's Security team is in the privileged position of supporting a security first culture for a company that wants to make the internet safer.
We are looking for a Senior Detection and Response Engineer to join our team and help us build a threat detection and response program at a cloud-native, remote-friendly and web-scale company that’s experiencing hyper-growth.
In this role you will:
- Respond to security incidents, and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future
- Use your experience and security intuition to hunt for threats across enterprise and production environments. If we’re missing important data we need, go get it!
- Build automation workflows for common response scenarios
- Act as an escalation point after automated triage of alerts
- Perform variant analysis and root cause analysis to find systematic bugs
- Develop creative solutions to complex security problems which balance business needs and risk
- Keep knowledge and skills current to keep up with the rapidly changing threat landscape
- Fulfill regular on-call responsibilities
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent analytical thinking, time management and coordination skills
- Excellent English language skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of common attack vectors
- Familiarity/experience with AWS services and security concepts
- Experience with common security monitoring, log analysis and forensic tools
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Have a passion to learn and thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or equivalent OR 3-5 years working in a high-demand security team
Bonus points for:
- Experience working as a senior part of a Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) or Security Operations Team
- (GMT-8); (GMT-7); (GMT-6); (GMT-5); (GMT-4);
Examples of our Engineering Culture:
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description