Senior DevOps Engineer at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Technology team. This position is responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining the build and release process for all software at Blue Nile, including the website.
This is an opportunity to help software engineers, DBAs and QA engineers adopt continuous integration/ deployment methodologies. The DevOps mission is to enable our agile teams to rapidly develop, test, and deploy high quality releases. We favor a self-service approach; DevOps eliminates pain points and bottlenecks with automation so that users can execute day-to-day tasks for themselves. If you are passionate about helping people and creating automation to solve real-world problems, this position is for you. Your experience with best practices in software configuration management, environment standardization and release technologies will enable you to define standards and processes with the teams.
The successful candidate has experience working with multiple technology teams, establishing standards, educating others, and working with minimal supervision while ensuring timely and high quality deliverables. A strong desire to lead process improvement and change is vital. Excellent communication, leadership and problem solving skills are required for success in this position.
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
- Lead the design and implementation of modern, high-quality build and deployment software
- Continually seek out opportunities for process improvement
- Establish and manage controls on test and production environments
- Automate the creation and maintenance of test environments
- Develop a sustainable configuration management process to include change control
- Identify, track, and report deployment metrics
- Mentor other DevOps Engineers
- When necessary, be part of key chain of responsibility during on-call situations.
Qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or other technical field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in software configuration management
- 3+ years developing automation using Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar
- Experience in maintaining and working with Windows and Linux environments
- Experience planning and leading cross-functional teams through process changes
- Knowledge of common environment and configuration issues with web based software
- Excellent technical project management skills
- Proficient in building and deploying Java web applications
- Experience building and deploying NodeJS and React based services
- Proficient with at least one scripting language, such as Groovy, Python, Ruby, Perl
- Experience with Git or other source control system
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite, including Bamboo a plus. Experience in a build system such as GitLab and Git repo service
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes preferred)
- Proficient in managing cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform a plus). Exposure to Terraform/Pulumi
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount