Senior DevOps Engineer
- You are a DevOps engineer who has deep experience designing, implementing and managing infrastructures for serving consumer-facing web apps and that emphasize stability, security, and transparency
- You have written applications or tools in Python or Go
- You have managed and supported a 24/7 production operation
- You are experienced with designing and implementing tools to enable deployment and monitoring of production infrastructure
- You are experienced at working with Software Engineers and Product Managers to refine loose requirements into detailed specifications, and manage scope to balance outcomes and costs
- You have excellent communication skills, a proactive disposition and love being part of a team
- You have previous experience with business critical 24/7 web operations
- Cloud management - AWS, Docker, Docker Orchestration
- Infrastructure as Code - Terraform (or similar, Cloudformation, etc.)
- System administration - Linux
- Configuration management - SaltStack (or similar tooling - Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- System and application monitoring (New Relic, DataDog, Loggly, etc.)
- Web app development - Python/Django (or similar, Ruby/Rails, etc.)
- Software engineering experience
- Dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
- Lightweight, Agile processes constantly improved with retrospectives.
- Fully automated testing and deployment system. Just merge your branch and it ships.
- Integrated teams with developers and designers work side-by-side.
- Data-driven decision making with A/B testing.
- Contributions back into the open source community.
Why We’ll Hire You:
- Your qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values (https://www.rover.com/careers/core-values/)
- You have experience using our tools or similar ones
- You strive for continuous improvement
- You can pitch your own ideas and shepherd them through to completion
- You have a sense for materiality, and know when to call it ‘good enough’ and ship or when to put in the extra time to polish
- You play nicely with others
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year