Senior Engineer, Protocols at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:46 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Protocols team! This team is responsible for building out the core features of our authorization server with a focus on OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0. All of the authentication and authorization transactions running through Auth0 will depend on your code, giving you the opportunity to work as part of a core product team.
You will often work with other teams both within the Engineering organization and outside of it, in order to get a better understanding of customer needs and the impact of changes you perform.
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to implement new features, improvements and fixes that need to handle our current and future scale.
- Instrument, monitor and operate the code you write and services you build. This includes on-call rotations.
- Help with design and code reviews. Ensure good engineering practices are being applied.
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have a deep knowledge of the OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML and other specifications. You have experience implementing those for mission-critical systems.
- Take an iterative approach to development, dividing long-term goals into incremental milestones.
- Have experience working in a global remote-first organization.
- Are a good communicator and enjoy interacting with people.
- Place a high value on security
- Bring the right attitude to the team: ownership, accountability, attention to detail ...
- Have familiarity with the tools we currently use, such as Node.js, TypeScript, MongoDB.
It’s not expected that a single candidate has expertise in all these areas. We’re looking for professional engineers, who can quickly learn and adapt as our systems and situation changes, rather than candidates with a rigid skill set.
You can learn more about our hiring process here.
- #US-E; #GMT; #AR
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Read Full Job Description