Senior Graphics Engineer, Desktop
The Desktop and Web team is a small and agile group responsible for building the future of Windows, Mac, Linux and WebGL at Unity. With the revival of desktop gaming in recent years, there has never been a more exciting time to be a part of one of the oldest and most loved gaming platforms of all time.
Joining Unity's Desktop and Web team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to advance one of the largest segments of the market and help shape some of the newest.
You have preferably worked on performance-critical, cross-platform applications in the past and you know the importance of writing fast, portable and maintainable code. If you are also looking to put these skills in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world you have come to the right place.
- Collaborate with Unity R&D across the globe on core engine improvements and requirements related to the advancement of Windows, Mac, Linux and WebGL graphics development
- Create all new and extend/maintain existing low level modern graphics pipelines
- Performance optimization engineering efforts to enable developers to ship the best games possible
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Strong system level C++/C skills
- Cross-platform development experience
- Windows programming experience
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Methodical and investigative disposition
- Performance-minded development
- Extensive experiences with low level graphics APIs (DirectX/OpenGL/equivalent)
- Knowledge of modern graphics APIs (DX12/Vulkan/Metal)
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- C# development experience
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.