Senior Quality Assurance Manager
Here at Smartsheet, our team thrives under a lightweight, agile-like process. We build collaboration software and a collaborative environment is what we offer! With the amount of growth we're experiencing, there is no shortage of problems to be solved. Now is a great time to join our team - we're going to be huge!
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Manager to join our growing team. At heart, you are a hands-on leader who eagerly meets new challenges, values stability, and will be able to increasingly contribute to the success of our award winning software. In this role you will drive efficiencies, implement process improvements and manage a group of SDET and QA Engineers. The right candidate will thrive in a collaborative, fast paced environment, while successfully delivering excellence in product quality, and reliability.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Quality Assurance and is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Guide and lead team members regarding QA and best practices
- Work effectively with Development, Product Management, and Infrastructure Engineering
- Identify and implement new testing tools, methodologies, and procedures to improve test coverage
- Work with other QA Leaders to develop best practices for software quality assurance
- Design and implement various tools for efficient testing
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals
- Hire, train, and mentor quality assurance engineers of varying experience levels
- Adopt and establish engineering best practices for the team
- 10+ years of management experience
- 10+ years of test experience
- Exceptional leadership skills with a passion for Quality Assurance
- Proven experience with SaaS applications
- Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance best practices and methodologies, including testing for performance, security, scalability, and reliability
- Experience designing and building automation frameworks, test infrastructure and tools
- Knowledge of automated testing practices and tools
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- An eye for what makes a good (or poor) user experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.