Senior RF & Hardware Design Engineer at Jeeva Wireless
Jeeva Wireless is a technology startup building wireless communication solutions for the next wave of connected devices. Jeeva’s unique technology provides extremely low cost, small form factor, and orders of magnitude lower power consumption, while achieving long operating range and high reliability. Jeeva is expanding our engineering team and searching for high performing, dedicated individuals to help us blaze new trails.
---ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES---
We are looking for an experienced RF hardware design engineer to join our core team to lead the design, certification and production of Jeeva’s wireless products. This role will involve RF/hardware design, test and optimization of transceivers using both standard topologies and some exiting novel topologies. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and testing RF front ends for a unique wireless device and work with vendors and partners to deploy devices at scale. You will be part of a small but fast-moving team with significant existing RF expertise and high expectations.
In addition to the skills listed below, the ideal candidate should be excited and motivated to be building wireless communication systems for new high-impact applications of the Internet of Things. The position requires proven experience, strong communication and management skills and ability to think outside the box. In addition to the skills listed below, the ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and be excited and motivated to build wireless communication systems for new high-impact IoT applications.
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in RF design, testing and validation.
● Well versed in DFM practices and BOM cost optimization.
● Experience with design, architecture and layout of high frequency RF front ends and radio systems on Printed Circuit Boards.
○ Examples: IoT gateway design, Wireless SoCs, SDR implementations.
● Expertise in blocker and interference mitigation techniques in design of PCBs.
● Experience with design of board level RF components including microstrip lines, coplanar waveguides, directional couplers, etc.
● Experience with design of discrete and distributed matching networks, e.g., between antenna and PA/ LNA.
● Experience with FCC and/or other certification processes.
● Experience with RF design and layout software such as Altium, ANSYS HFSS, CST, ADS.
● Experience with testing and validation of high frequency/RF application specific integrated circuits (ASIC).
● Experience with design, simulation and testing of antennas.
● EMI/RFI design and testing experience.
● Experience with Radar and/or RFID systems.
With our unique technology, Jeeva is positioned to meet the needs of a plethora of applications of wireless connectivity that are not well served by conventional wireless solutions. Join us as we work to capture this opportunity and become a significant force in wireless.
Jeeva is committed to a friendly and welcoming working environment and has a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees. Jeeva does not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religious affiliation, or any other legally protected status.
Jeeva is located in downtown Seattle, Washington.