Senior RF Systems Engineer
Imagine ubiquitous 5G connectivity that will deliver on the promise of 4K video, augmented reality, autonomous driving, drone delivery, and super-fast inflight internet. These bandwidth intensive technologies of the future cannot take place utilizing current wireless and broadband network infrastructure. Pivotal Commware has developed a revolutionary technology called HBF or Holographic Beam Forming, a breakthrough in electromagnetic physics. This disruptive software defined antenna technology is revolutionizing wireless and broadband networks by helping network operators solve their biggest wireless access challenges – capacity and spectral efficiency. Our patented antenna technology helps wireless service providers squeeze every ounce of performance from their networks at the lowest cost, size, weight and power consumption available.
While Pivotal has completely redefined the physics and economics of providing broadband wireless access for consumer, business and military applications, we still need to tailor our technology for a multitude of compelling use cases. Looking ahead, our team will also be developing artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions to complement and enhance our fundamental technology. If you are passionate about what you do and want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you.
Pivotal is seeking an RF Systems Engineer to develop full system models leveraging our technology in a wide variety of applications. The RF Systems Engineer works with Product Development teams to translate market and customer requirements into detailed hardware and software specifications. In addition, the RF Systems Engineer analyzes and validates RF and communications architectures, driving design from detailed RF components to communications protocol selection. Candidates need a broad understanding of various subsystems in modern communications to drive end-to-end analysis. This position reports to the Director of Product Engineering.
· Link analysis factoring weather and environment, varied fading characteristics, strong interference scenarios, and more
· Drive RF requirements definition, including customer-facing discussion and briefings
· Create hardware and software specifications based on customer requirements
· Perform architecture trade studies for wireless communications systems
· Work with other engineers to define component, subsystem, and system integration and test requirements
· Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or similar, PhD strongly preferred. Bachelor's degree candidates with 10+ years of industry experience will be considered
· 5+ years of experience as RF Engineer, Systems Engineer, or related title
· Experience developing system requirements, RF link budget modeling and analysis, RF system integration, and system analysis
· Knowledge of communications system principles and design
· Understanding of RF component design and selection, including amplifiers, up/down converters, filters, transceivers, etc
· The individual must be adaptable and have excellent communication skills to coordinate throughout all phases of development
· Familiarity with LTE and/or 802.11ad+ standards
· This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description