Do you have a passion for SaaS and cloud security? Are you skilled at detecting attackers and protecting cloud infrastructures and SaaS applications? We at Outreach need a senior security engineer to join our team and protect our company and our customers.
In this role, you will develop, own, manage, and improve the technical security controls that protect our infrastructure, products, services, and data. This role blends security analytics and engineering skills. You will design, specify, deploy, and operate the solutions that protect our products from attack and detect and respond to alerts warning of possible anomalous behavior or vulnerabilities in our systems. You will be responsible for improving our information security operations program, including working with other engineering teams to integrate security monitoring into their flows and processes. You must be comfortable working with cloud technologies and how to best leverage the security features provided by our cloud service provider or by choosing our own. You will be working with management, technical leaders and engineers, external auditors, and at times, directly with our customers.
Your Daily Adventures will Include:
- Partnering with engineering teams to design, select, and implement effective technical security controls to detect and alert security events across the Outreach infrastructure and protect our cloud-native SaaS platform and customers.
- Identifying gaps in coverage of the Outreach security controls and work across teams to specify and deploy improvements that address these gaps.
- Selecting and/or creating specific applications and functions that integrate with the Outreach platform and build systems that provide the right detective controls that alert on suspicious or anomalous behaviors or vulnerabilities.
- Participating in and helping lead information security response activities across Outreach and its products.
- Developing and implementing solutions to collect, transport, and process security data to support risk-based decision making.
- Integrating security monitoring and measurements that enable engineering teams to quickly spot potential problems and respond to security events within their DevOps processes.
- Interpreting the results of penetration tests and other technical audits and working across software engineering teams to champion and implement reasonable mitigations and remediations.
- Using DevOps tooling and processes to implement security remediations.
- Creating data flow diagrams and threat models that guide design recommendations.
- Translating security requirements and obligations into effective security controls.
- Providing security subject matter expertise and training to teams across the company.
- Ensuring cross-company support for all aspects of security by establishing partnerships with other Outreach teams with the overarching goal of improving the trust of Outreach and its products.
- 4+ years of experience in an information security engineering role.
- Direct experience working with SaaS cloud-based applications in AWS or Azure.
- Experience automating AWS services to support information security goals and mission.
- Experience in creating, implementing, and managing technical information security controls.
- Experience defining and implementing security controls for containers, microservices, and orchestration software.
- Experience identifying and collecting the data that supports effective security dashboards that summarize the environment's security health across multiple security domains (e.g., networking, host, application, identity, etc.).
- Have a history of successful cross-organizational efforts.
- Ability to analyze problems and make appropriate decisions quickly.
- Ability to drive large, complex programs and solutions using both direct and virtual teams.
- Experience managing multiple external vendors across broad and complex work engagements.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and independently to achieve results within the dynamic Outreach culture.
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Read Full Job Description