Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Azure), SRE Core
The Core Infrastructure team at Outreach is responsible for the foundation on which all the other software that Outreach engineering teams build runs. That means we need to be empathetic to the needs of our co-workers in the performance of their jobs. It also means that we must be pretty focused on how our systems are performing according to our SLOs and SLIs. We have transitioned the majority of our infrastructure to run on Kubernetes.
We are beginning to expand our application platform to support Azure and Windows containers. That means we are looking for Senior SREs with experience in those areas to come help our team. We'd still love for you to have some experience with Kubernetes and Linux, but we can help you learn as you go. As part of this role, you'll be building out net new infrastructure in Azure to pair with our existing AWS infrastructure. As such, we need you to have some subject matter expertise with Azure to help define best practices.
About the Team
The SRE Core team is composed of folks with disparate skills and backgrounds. Our unifying attribute is our desire to work together to find creative, scalable solutions to the problems we run into. Beyond the basic demands of managing our production infrastructure, the SRE Core Team is also responsible for supporting monitoring and alerting systems, compliance initiatives, and supporting our application teams. We have a diverse set of obligations to the rest of the Outreach organization, and that is reflected in the different types of work in which we get to indulge.
- Understand containers & running them in production
- Windows containers & running them in Azure
- Familiarity with Go & Ruby (our primary programming languages) would be great, but isn't a requirement
- Configuration management tools like Chef or Puppet
- Cloud native architecture
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
Our Site Reliability Engineers are usually iterating on our planned projects on a day to day basis. However, we are occasionally disrupted by exigent circumstances (read: alerts). The aim is to ensure that we spend more time than not working on software to make our platform more performant and scalable, and make it easier for the other software engineers to do their jobs. We are also occasionally called to assist other teams. When confronted with disruptive events, we strive to codify what we’ve learned and feed that information back into how we plan and prioritize our work.
We encourage you to apply, even if you unsure whether you're the perfect fit. We can't currently support early-career SREs, but if you're an experienced software developer interested in the SRE/infrastructure space, we can support you in the transition.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
Read Full Job Description