Senior Software Development Engineer, CX Platform & Engagement
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Our team strives to build the best, most customer-friendly and innovative app experience in the digital remittance space. We work across the stack to improve and refine our existing experiences, along with delivering new and engaging product features that keep our customers coming back. We keep a strong focus on understanding how customers interact with our product to make planning and prioritization decisions. We aim to deliver new features and code quickly, learning and iterating to regularly provide customer and business impact.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer on the team, you will be empowered to innovate, design and implement features end to end, build new microservices, and work with distributed systems using cutting-edge AWS technologies. You’ll help the team make sound technical decisions and appropriate trade-offs between shipping code and technical investments. You’ll partner closely with a passionate and multi-functional team of engineers, product managers, and designers dedicated to understanding and meeting our customers’ needs. You should be comfortable in a dynamic environment and be capable of making progress in the face of uncertainty or ambiguity. Most of all, you should care deeply about continuously improving our customers’ experiences.
- You'll be empowered to drive the ideation of new features, influence the core architecture that powers Remitly, and design and implement features in a data-driven and customer-centric way.
- You'll deliver product features rapidly, with a focus on quality, maintainability, and customer impact.
- You'll contribute up and down the stack, diving in where and as necessary, and help to set and craft our long-term technical vision.
- You'll expand our core product with new experiences that engage and help retain our customers.
- You'll make good trade-offs between shipping code and technical investments.
- You'll collaborate with other developers, product managers, designers, and analysts to build great product experiences.
- You'll help drive technical best practices across the company, influencing others outside your immediate team.
- You'll mentor more junior engineers, helping them grow and advance their careers.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Substantial experience working on full-stack products and proficiency with backend development.
- Experience with distributed systems or AWS technologies is a plus.
- A proven track record of shipping features and products to customers.
- Strong ability to mentor and influence other engineers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Who we are
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.