Senior Software Development Engineer- Destination Experience at Remitly
At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role:
The DEX team manages the core of Remitly’s product; a platform for transferring funds quickly and reliably, ensuring our customers always have a great experience, from send to receive. We ensure the movement of over 12 billion dollars a year through disbursement methods such as bank deposit, cash pickup, mobile wallets, and home delivery.
You will report to the team engineering manager and work on a distributed team responsible for the core of Remitly’s product; a global disbursement network that moves billions of dollars a year. As a Senior Software Engineer at Remitly, you are a builder, responsible for taking on complex technical and customer problems and creating great products backed by great systems. We aim for quality software as a starting point and believe that work-life balance is required to make this happen. We run on modern technology stacks, relying on AWS offerings, automated testing, monitoring, and mature deployment infrastructure.
What you will Do:
- You will work on projects in multiple languages
- You will develop internal tooling and frameworks to build services on top of scalable cloud architecture.
- You will mentor junior engineers and influence the technical designs of our software.
Who You Are:
- You have a BS (accepted) or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- You have focused on backend work and have some experience on the frontend, with languages like React and TypeScript.
- You understand database fundamentals and have expertise in working with one or more databases. Preferable experience in SQL, NoSQL, and related technologies.
- You have used your experience to establish technical designs and processes within and cross-teams.
- You have experience building, shipping, and maintaining web services and systems on AWS.
- You have experience with distributed systems or micro-services architecture in production.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, and 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer