Senior Software Development Engineer - Risk Platform at Remitly
At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role:
We're looking for a software engineer to help us build the next generation of our identity verification and fraud prevention systems. You'll work with product managers, designers and analysts to prevent unwanted activity on our platform and eliminate painful customer experiences. You'll be responsible for promoting technical excellence in our services and implementing essential part of our technology.
- Work in the Risk product team along with product managers, ML engineers and risk analysts.
- Promote technical excellence in Risk Platform services, set SLOs with neighboring teams and keeping technical debt low
- Design new domains and services
- Implement essential parts of new domains and services and guide team mates in completing their work
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- An understanding of software development best practices, system design, software design patterns and algorithms
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining web services and systems on AWS
- Practice mentoring and growing other engineers
- Experience defining and deploying technical best practices across a team
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer