The Core Business Objects team at Outreach owns the data and data workflows that drive the Outreach product itself. Their work drives revenue efficiency for our customers and innovates in the management and visualization of data. Our service performs more than 100 million inbound and outbound sync operations per day under an SLA that demands less than two minutes of latency. Full-Stack Engineers on the team own the way users interact with their data in silo or in bulk. They are responsible for enabling bridging the gap between customers interacting with the product and the implementation of awesome features.
Full-Stack Engineers on the Core Business Objects team understand job scheduling, driving work in batches, and are good at building scalable systems that handle data that users find digestible. They prefer simplicity and elegance over complexity, but have experience developing flexible solutions that adapt to different levels of users. They look to their customers for guidance on what's useful and important and drive toward implementing it. They can iterate quickly given feedback from customers, program leads, and designers.
Our data integration features let users select which data is communicated between those systems, how it is placed, and how often it is moved. Integration features are implemented with synchronization jobs; monitoring those jobs is key to keeping the data flowing, so streamlining the process and making its results visible and diagnosable is paramount.
About the Team
To support data management and movement in the application, the team does work to enable our users to reliably and efficiently integrate, consume, and modify data sets from internal and external data sources. The core challenges in the space revolve around data translation between disparate data-sources, seamless data import and export capabilities, and providing performant and responsive workflows to update and sync data between different sources.
This team’s mission is to continually reduce the time spent by customer-facing representatives on data access and modification across different systems by providing them with meaningful and relevant data aggregated at their fingertips, to increase the time they can invest in adding value for their customers.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Help deliver an intuitive front-end for our data integration features
- Drive the overall distributed SOA architecture
- Identify the critical details and prioritize incremental delivery
- Design and deliver great solutions
- Own features all the way through
- Stretch goal: Own the front-end of the data migration path as a whole
- Quickly start contributing
- Experience building scalable systems and updating user interfaces in ReactJS and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with our technical stack
- Comfortable with automated testing tools like Mocha, Chai, and Enzyme
- Experience consuming and designing JSON APIs
- Previous exposure to data-intensive environments, including data modeling and integration concepts
- Familiar with continuous deployment environments
- Go above and beyond to help your team
- Understanding of which details are important and ability to prioritize incremental delivery
- You embody our core values. We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Read Full Job Description