Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 12,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
The Digital Experience (DX) team at Qualtrics builds and maintains a scalable system with billions of pageviews a week, to bridge the experience gap on every device. We currently provide customers with tools to enable them to make on-the-fly changes, including customized questions and messages, on their company’s websites and mobile apps, so they can listen and engage with a targeted segment of users.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer and leader who finds meaning in their work and is looking to build innovative product features or scalable systems that make a real felt impact on the business. You will be working across layers, including web and mobile front ends, caching layers in browser, CDN, distributed caches, message queues, DevOps, file system and relational and NoSql databases.
Expectations for Success
- 5-7 years of software development experience at major technology companies and/or software startups
- Passionate about building products that help customers easily and effectively get their job done
- Expertise in mentoring and developing junior developers. You get satisfaction from helping others succeed, and you constantly seek ways to improve
- Desire to guide engineering vision and drive engineering excellence across teams
- Ability to make reasonable trade-offs based on time and resource constraints in the interest of the business and customers
- Experience building large-scale web applications and microservices
- Comfortable with designing APIs, SDKs, and data models
- In addition to backend services, you are comfortable working in any area, including web and mobile application
A Day in the Life
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and rich web and mobile solutions to solve complex business problems
- Commit to quarterly goals, attend daily stand-up meetings, prioritize and estimate features
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the entire SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, and testing
- Drive operational excellence by investigating production issues, driving root cause analysis and follow-up actions for mitigation
- Work across disciplines and teams to collect requirements, describe features, build technical designs, and collaborate with team members to drive effective execution
What differentiates us from other companies
- On top of our standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc), we will be providing snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- Work life balance is extremely meaningful to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to our ping pong tables we have an open and collaborative work space