Senior Software Engineer, Fleet
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
At Axon, you'll excel in our environment that favors initiative, creative thinking, and agility. Your team is working a visionary expansion of an existing product for which you'll help drive foundational features, in addition to rounding out features for the current product. You'll be surrounded by passionate, motivated people dedicated to the mission to protect life.
The Axon Fleet product line brings advanced technology like camera monitoring to the police car, recording quality information just like the Axon Body Worn cameras. Additionally, smart wiring in the car can activate recording for the car and nearby body cameras. The in car client software can review and triage collected evidence before upload to Axon's Evidence.com service.
There's abundant room for future innovation and Fleet needs a motivated Senior Software Developer passionate about our mission and opportunities to join the team and deliver on the vision.
What you have
• You have 8+ years of experience crafting and shipping high quality mobile applications / client applications.
• You have consistently crafted designs for significant features and worked through the dependencies, implementation, and evolution of your work to ship features that customers love. You focus on getting the right work done and positively encourage others to have that same focus.
• You have achieved mastery of an application language such as Java, Objective C, Swift, C++, Golang. You serve as a reference and a mentor to others.
• You have shipped on a platform like iOS, Android, or Windows and have successfully used deep aspects of the platform.
• You have fascinating stories of solving complicated quality and performance issues, deep into even code beyond your ownership.
• Multiple times in the past you have scaled up in new technology and shipped with that technology.
• You have production experience with React, Node.js, Electron, and/or Golang.
• Experience with shipping an application using online services.
• Experience with highly-parallel / GPU programming.
• Experience with IoT and / or edge computing in a production environment.
• Productizing and shipping research-level features (especially AI features).
• Experience with Embedded Linux / Yocto / Bitbake.
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technology
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Options for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with local law enforcement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description