Senior Software Engineer - Home Valuations
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
The Home-Valuations team is responsible for home valuation and CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) technology products in the suite of Compass real estate tools. We are a search engineering team building an algorithmic platform for identifying the right comparable properties. We are building tech that delivers the real time market trends that is changing how quickly and accurately one can compute valuation estimate and predict real estate activity.
We are building world class algorithms and designing delightful user experiences that real estate agents can’t live without. You will be analyzing large amounts of streaming and big data and delivering cogent business insights. Working in the CMA team will give you the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and play a key role in establishing the roadmap, developing the platform comprising the back end services, building real time services with hardened APIs, developing algorithms to power scientific methods to the art of solving hard real estate problems.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Proven track record working in top talent and high performance environments
- Experience working on large scale and distributed computing systems in rapid growth environments
- Solid programming skills; preferred experience in Java, and/or GO
- Experience with modern web frameworks, advanced algorithms/data intelligence, public cloud platforms and streaming data pipelines
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance
- 5+ years experience preferred but we are hiring at all levels
Read Full Job Description