Senior Software Engineer, IAM Continuous Authentication
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
What's the opportunity?
As we scale Auth0 and handle billions of logins per month, we also have to deal with billions of attacks. Almost 40% of our traffic are bots trying to get access to our customers accounts and our job is to not let that happen.
At the same time we want to provide a great experience to our users and let them know when something suspicious is going on: someone logged in from a device that was not seen before; from a place that would be impossible based on previous activity; from a TOR node; etc.
Finding the right balance between security and user experience is a hard problem to solve. This is the mission of the Continuous Authentication team.
Did that spark any interest? Read more about our vision and how we hire.
- Dive deep into our data to make sense of new attack vs legit patterns.
- Become an expert in fighting hackers and botnets.
- Collaborate with developers from other domains like Protocols, Sessions, Login and MFA to provide the best experience while keeping it secure.
- Strive for high availability and performance by continuously tweak the engine
- Learn about the errors and incidents in production while participating in the on-call rotation
- Identify and resolve production issues and implement fixes for them.
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- You have 7+ years of software development experience.
- You have exposure to data intensive systems with high performance in data retrieval.
- You have created public APIs and you enjoy the process of doing it.
- Are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You have knowledge and experience of data modeling and principles of database systems (relational and non-relational).
- You are a good communicator and enjoy interacting with people.
- You excel when working autonomously, and know when to seek help from your team members.
- Have solid experience with cloud environments (e.g: AWS).
- You always strive to learn and are interested in improving your security knowledge.
- You are located between UTC-03 and UTC-07.
- You have previous experience using Java at scale (nice to have)
- Have 2+ years of experience in the identity and access management (IAM) domain.
- Have some front-end development knowledge and some experience with frameworks such as React
- Know about security engineering, and application security.
- Have experience running PostgresQL in a large-scale production environment.
- #US-E; #AR; #GMT;
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Read Full Job Description