Senior Software Engineer ll, IoT
Powerful entertainment experiences come from brilliant teams, and, at VIZIO, we work together to deliver the latest SmartTV and Sound Bar Technology across the world. We're made up of skilled engineers who care about the people they work with, the work they create, and the teams they nurture.
The Sunday blues don't really exist for us because we're built around supporting each other in a relaxed, collaborative environment. We're more focused on learning, doing something new and valuable, and encouraging our team to do the same. With flexible work hours, a collaborative open-door environment, and teams who support each other in and out of the office, our work experience becomes meaningful. (And we don't focus on hierarchy; instead, we work together to create the roles we're most excited about).
Now we need a brilliant Senior Software Engineer ll, IoT to join us in Seattle and own the development of our features through the full-release lifecycle.
You define the design and development of the IoT infrastructure for SmartCast.
After 1 year at VIZIO, here's what you'll be celebrating:
● You took ownership of entire IoT infrastructure to delight our customers and you feel empowered to collaborate so your team can excel
● You've directly impacted the SmartTV experience for our customers by incorporating customer feedback in the new features you developed
● The features you created are flexible, cost-effective, and long-lasting, and you were able to balance all that with smart code that you created at-scale
Here's the kind of person you are:
● You're the one who makes user experience brilliant, and you have a passion for developing innovative solutions
● You're the person your team trusts with their secrets. You know how to be tactful and supportive
● Collaboration is fun and easy for you. You are self-driven, but you enjoy sharing and mentoring your team, and when a decision has been made, you're happy to support it
● You're experienced with cross-platform development, and you have a deep understanding of the mobile development life cycle
● You're super experienced in design and development, but you are also a powerful leader, which means you stay accountable for your successes and shortcomings
● 7+ years of software development experience
VIZIO, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. VIZIO, Inc. may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.