Senior Software Engineer - Platform & Systems
- Join the team advancing Igneous' platform, focused on large-scale distributed systems in Golang
- Become part of a commercially successful & rapidly growing company that’s redefined Unstructured Data Management
- Solve complex, real-world problems at massive scale
Igneous creates a new approach to Unstructured Data Management that overcomes the modern challenge of file and object data at multi-petabyte scale. Deployable onsite, offsite, in any cloud, and for any protocol - our fully-managed service makes it simple to discover, protect, and move PB-scale data at blazing speeds. Data-centric organizations rely on Igneous Data-Management-as-a-Service to enable diverse workloads ranging from streaming media to curing cancer.
Our Platform and Systems teams are expanding, and we're looking for skilled Senior Software Engineers to join us in working on complex distributed systems with a focus on scale, performance, security, and availability. We work primarily in Go – but no previous experience is required. If you like to get "close to the metal", enjoy working on complex systems, or want to push the boundaries of cloud-scale performance, this might be the the ideal opportunity.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Platform team at Igneous, you will:
- Work across the entire stack in a single language - Go (no previous Golang experience required).
- Solve systems-level problems in distributed computing, storage, file systems, availability, scalability, and performance.
- Keep building onto an already exceptional end-to-end customer experience .
- Develop and share continuous learnings from the observation of production systems.
- Join a team with a record of redefining entire industries - and that’s poised to do it again.
Our ideal Software Engineer for this role will have:
- Several years of software development experience, including at least some experience shipping “cloud scale” solutions in a modern CI/CD environment
- Experience with Open Source technologies in the realm of cloud, PaaS/IaaS, containerization, distributed computing, or storage & file systems
- An in-depth understanding of large-scale distributed systems
- The desire to work on complex problems that will take you well outside your comfort zone
- Existing experience with Golang or the ability to learn the language with us
- Bonus points: Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure, ElasticSearch, Grafana
As a Senior Software Engineer at Igneous you’ll be joining a skilled and diverse team during this exciting time of rapid customer expansion. You’ll be part of the group expanding our underlying platform, and tackling the most complex and impactful problems in our organization. Our team provides significant ownership and impact at every level, excellent leadership, and strong compensation (inc. benefits & equity), real career development, and a culture built on quality.
Igneous are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as a core of company culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.