Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon is one of the largest cloud solutions on the planet and continues to innovate to better serve customers and communities. Developing the core platform systems and capabilities that enable Axon’s innovation and evolution at scale is core to our teams mission. Collaboration within and across teams is a key element to that mission. Our end-customers set the bar for reliability and experience high; and as a team we must set it higher. We value working collaboratively, engineering excellence, pragmatism, and taking ownership of the things along the path laid out by our mission. These values support our teams success.
You are a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer with experience building large-scale software applications. You have developed strong mastery and interested in backend technologies and are capable of connecting frontend solutions to them. You are excited about the care, feeding and growth of a high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, AI, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Backend service experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Exceptional and energetic collaborator within and across the teams.
- Experience developing systems that are reliable, highly available, secure, low latency, and maintainable.
- Ability to pragmatically make tough technical decisions based on requirements, constraints, and trade-offs.
- Excellent technical leadership skills.
- Experience with relational databases.
- You enjoy mentoring and growing junior engineers
Compensation and Benefits
- An amazing office/working environment with the latest technology
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
- Discretionary, unlimited PTO
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for ride-alongs with law enforcement and sit-alongs in dispatch centers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description