Senior Software Engineer, Quality at Unity Technologies
The Spotlight team is a small but mighty group of people that are helping to create the future of Unity’s engine for years to come. As a Senior Software Engineer, Quality on the Spotlight Team you will work closely with top game developers to really push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. You will work with Unity Spotlight programmers to ensure all features reach the desired level of functionality, stability, and usability. You will work with many different teams both internally and externally. This is a great opportunity to contribute to big AAA projects without being tied to the 2-3 year development cycles that typically involves.
You are an experienced software development engineer who is naturally inquisitive and has a strong motivation to explore the technical boundaries. Automated testing is critical at Unity so you should bring a passion for writing tests and test frameworks. You should be comfortable implementing tests in both C++ and C#.
- Provide feedback about the state of features in Unity in order to support development and inform development decisions
- Work closely with developers to provide early feedback to new features and functionality
- Develop and maintain the test approach for your designated areas of the product
- Work with customers to reproduce their bug reports in-house
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- Contribute to the continued professional growth of the team
- Proficient in either C++ or C#; experience debugging in both
- Experience as a dedicated software test engineer and a working knowledge of test automation
- Problem solving skills and detail-oriented approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment, proactive and positive attitude
- Prior experience in game development ideally in Unity
- Experience working with game engines or releasing a game
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.