Senior Software Engineer - Sensors & Devices at Axon
- Design and implement new features for Axon’s camera systems.
- Work with engineers on a breadth of platforms including mobile & desktop applications as well backend services.
- Consider scale and security implications of new features that you develop.
- Create metrics and monitor them as your features are deployed to customers.
- Resolve ambiguity in product requirements potentially resolve conflicting requirements.
- Mentor junior team members and suggest improvements to engineering processes.
- 5+ years experience of professional software development in C/C++, Go, Rust and/or another systems programming language.
- 5+ years experience writing unit, integration and/or system level tests
- 2+ years mentoring junior team members and/or leading small teams
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object-oriented design and code quality verification
- Experience with RTOS and/or Embedded Linux development
- Experience with Yocto/Open-Embedded
- Experience with Python or equivalent
- Experience with Jenkins and/or other CI/CD systems
- Experience with Splunk and/or other data indexers
- Experience with audio, video, networking and/or security technologies
- Experience with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and/or Cellular technologies
- Experience working with REST APIs, Thrift and/or Protocol Buffers
- Experience collaborating with design, product and non-technical partners
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...