Senior Software Engineer, Services at Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our workspace team. You have proven experience building tools and websites across teams and organizations. You will work with a small group of other developers, product managers, and user experience experts to create first-class workflows for providing a stable workspace for teams of developers. Creating games can be hard and complex, and as a result the workspace environment can be hard to set up and manage.
As a member of the workspace team, you will work with an interdisciplinary team to provide a streamlined interface to this complexity of source control management, automated build, and test runners. Stability, quality, and robustness of code are requirements, as Unity customers rely upon our services to let them focus on creating amazing games and products of their own.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain high performance, ambitious user interfaces and cutting edge frameworks and tools
- Work very closely with UX designers, product managers, and a team of engineers building the next big thing
- Contribute and collaborate with a global team of engineers
- Maintain, enhance, and debug existing versions of the product
- Offer mentorship, code reviews, and clear documentation for fellow engineers
- Experience with React and Redux, including modern CSS frameworks
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently, while mentoring junior developers
- Experience with unit testing and end-to-end test frameworks
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Passion for creating intuitive, efficient tool workflows to solve complex problems
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Experience with IDE/Content creation tools
- Experience in gaming or Unity
- Experience in scalable services, ideally using cloud infrastructure
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content ceators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.