Senior Software Engineer at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our fast-growing Engineering team. This person will be responsible for the technical design, development, and deployment of our products. In addition, they’ll be joining a small and rapidly growing team, where they will have a direct impact on the product.
We’re looking for a motivated, highly-collaborative, self-starter who is comfortable owning and driving the development of new features and services, and has a successful track record building software products in an agile development environment. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Drive technical designs and solutions for new products and services.
- Provides technical guidance and mentorship to other engineers.
- Maintain a high level of quality for delivering software.
- Collaborate with various team members and stakeholders on requirements definition and feature design & development.
- Research, investigate and define new areas of technology to enhance existing products or new product directions.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards.
- 6+ years of experience in designing & developing back-end service, APIs, and integrations with data stores.
- Working experience building web applications at scale using Django, Rails, or some equivalent MVC framework.
- Knowledgeable on best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience working on distributed solutions is a plus.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.