Senior Software Engineer
Lighter Capital is a Seattle based fintech company that has created a new fundraising path for early-stage tech companies. Our transparent, data-driven, tech-enabled process provides entrepreneurs revenue-based financing quickly without making them give up equity or board seats. We work with hundreds of visionary startup CEOs each year and our products are truly disrupting the start-up finance industry.
Traditional business lending institutions still rely on highly paper-based processes. They are simply not tooled to be able to underwrite or service loans to startups. Lighter Capital is able to because our internal processes are supported by high-tech custom built software. This is where you will be adding value to Lighter Capital.
We are growing steadily and looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience building modern Reactive web applications on the Microsoft stack. Our software engineers generally own 1 or more internal applications, having large degrees of autonomy and responsibility to manage their own backlog and prioritize feature requests. You will be part of a team of peers who work collaboratively to ensure consistency across the platform.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will take ownership of at least 1 application in our stable of internal applications.
- You will lead weekly “sync” meetings with your internal customers, to provide them progress updates, hear what problems they are facing, propose solutions and scrutinize their feature requests.
- You will manage your own backlog, roadmap and bug list.
- You will set and track your own OKRs in partnership with your manager.
- You will collaborate with your peers, as well as as well as the department heads on significant platform changes.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to say what you’ll do and then do what you say.
- At least 4 years commercial/professional experience doing the above.
- Familiarity with AWS or Azure a bonus.
- Familiarity with ML or data science a bonus.
We are smart, passionate and ambitious group of professionals who love coming to work every day - we hope you will too! We offer competitive salaries, pre-IPO equity, 100% covered medical insurance for employee and dependents, ORCA passes and a well-stocked office just steps from Westlake Center and Pike Place Market. Our goal is to revolutionize the business of startup finance and help founders maintain control of their companies—and their destinies.
Lighter Capital is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment & encourage all qualified persons to apply.
Read Full Job Description