Senior Software Engineer at Lighter Capital
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:03 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, June 22, 2019
Traditional business lending institutions still rely on highly paper-based processes. They are simply not tooled to be able to underwrite or service loans to startups. Lighter Capital is able to because our internal processes are supported by high-tech custom built software. This is where you will be adding value to Lighter Capital.
We are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our Tech and Data team. As a Senior Software Engineer you have experience building modern Reactive web applications on the Microsoft stack. Lighter Capital still has a “startup” feel but we are maturing quickly and you will be joining at the perfect time to make a massive impact.
WHY YOU’LL APPLY…..
- You yearn to work on projects that makes a difference and impacts the organization.
- You have approached “craftspersonship” level and want to work in an environment where that actually matters.
- You thrive in an environment where you self-manage your work, projects and time. Work:life balance isn’t just a platitude, at Lighter Capital we expect you to manage your hours and achieve your goals.
- You prefer small teams of people who are smart with a get er’ done attitude.
WHY WE NEED YOU…...
- You are a highly capable full-stack software engineer.
- You will bring to the team a wealth and breadth of experiences and be capable of lending that experience to the team when faced with complex and critical architectural choices.
- Our backlog is growing faster than we can tackle it. We need you to help us get it under control.
YOU WILL BE A GOOD FIT IF…..
- You are capable of independently planning, developing, launching and supporting a high-user critical multi-user web application from scratch (File/New Solution).
- You have solid commercial experience being in a team within an Agile environment.
- You are proficient with high scale relational database design, but also know where an object/document database makes more sense.
- You’ve spent enough time doing TDD that it’s affected your coding style. You love patterns and modularisation. In fact, if you were faced with a project that didn’t involve automated tests you would have serious reservations.
- Capable of making critical architectural choices in the advancement of a very complex web of interrelated web applications.
- Ability to say what you’ll do and then do what you say.
We are Lighter Capital, a Seattle based FinTech company with a clear mission to revolutionize startup financing by empowering entrepreneurs to grow their businesses and retain ownership.
We are a passionate group of individuals were our mission and values guide our decision making. We believe in individual and team development, and align, push and measure ourselves through goal setting. Join our team and feel part of something incredible!
Just like each customer is unique, so is each person, and Lighter Capital is committed to creating an environment where everyone can belong and thrive. We encourage all qualified persons to apply.
Read Full Job Description