Senior Software Engineering Manager at DomainTools
DomainTools helps security analysts turn threat data into threat intelligence. We take indicators from client networks, including domains and IPs, and connect them with nearly every active domain on the Internet. Those connections inform risk assessments, help profile attackers, guide online fraud investigations, and map cyber activity to attacker infrastructure. Fortune 1000 companies, global government agencies, and leading security solution vendors use the DomainTools platform and integrations as critical ingredients in their threat investigation and mitigation work. We are located in Belltown (downtown Seattle) in a modern open office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits and outstanding perks.
DomainTools is seeking a Senior Software Engineering Manager to join our team. Our engineers gather, process, and analyze large data sets and build data services that are used by our customers for cybersecurity research and threat intelligence. We work with big data and machine learning that matters. We're helping organizations improve their security and protect against cyber attacks, fraud, and domain hijacking.
At DomainTools, you will lead a highly productive team of smart and engaged engineers. We are heavily invested in native cloud technologies (AWS), ElasticSearch, Linux, Python, Go, PHP and React, Hadoop, and large-scale Mysql and NoSQL systems. This is a hands-on, full-time permanent position in our offices in Seattle.
- Manage a growing team of backend and data systems engineers
- Collaborate across the company to define and deliver new products and product features
- Communicate status of projects to all parts of the organization (technical and non-technical audiences)
- Work with senior engineers to develop and make progress on a technical roadmap
- Work with the engineering team to improve and develop internal processes
- Provide growth and training opportunities for the team
- Evaluate, hire, and onboard new additions to the team
- Manage day-to-day administrative tasks to keep the team focused and productive
- 8 years or more of experience building, managing and leading a software engineering team
- Recent experience with hands on design and development
- Expertise with agile software delivery models (SCRUM)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- A firm grasp of technology, across multiple systems and languages, preferably AWS technology stacks, Python, and Go
- Ability to attract and retain high-quality Engineering talent
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with Delivery Team concept
- Experience in building AWS cloud-native applications and solutions
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with software development and deployment on Linux
- Knowledge of Python, Java, and Go
- Experience with data mining or machine learning techniques
DomainTools is the leader in domain name, DNS and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DNS and related ‘cyber fingerprint’ data across the Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks. Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government.
We are located in Belltown/ downtown Seattle (100% remote through at least March 2021) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums on medical plans for employees, pet insurance, flexible PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.