DomainTools is seeking an experienced Splunk developer and hands-on architect to help us deliver enterprise-grade integrations to our clients. This position is perfect for someone interested in building robust cybersecurity products and features for our enterprise customers. Our solutions help fuel mission-critical efforts for customers, such as gathering threat intelligence, doing threat hunting, and performing online fraud investigations.
At DomainTools, you will work as part of a small, highly collaborative team of smart and engaged engineers. Expect to spend your time designing, building, and deploying high impact solutions. You will spend very little time in meetings, and you won't be distracted by processes that get in the way of high-quality results. As a senior member of the team, you will provide technical leadership, evangelize, and demonstrate best practices when it comes to Splunk application development, maintenance, and deployment. The role will require interaction with multiple teams and will necessitate excellent communication skills.
This is a full-time position and is open to remote applicants.
- Splunk architecture, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Help define and communicate Splunk best practices.
- Work with sales and support engineering teams to own root cause analysis and remediation of technical issues.
- Become a subject matter expert on the DomainTools integration APIs.
- Help maintain development, testing, and demo environments.
- Contribute to customer-facing technical documentation.
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience with the Splunk platform.
- Splunk certifications such as Splunk Certified Developer, Enterprise Security Implementation, Splunk Enterprise Certified Consultant, and/or Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect.
- Thorough understanding of Splunk processing language, optimization principles, APIs, and SDK.
- In-depth experience with Splunk’s multiple deployment options - including on-premise distributed deployments, private cloud, and Splunk Cloud solutions.
- Demonstrated experience using APIs to integrate disparate systems.
- Experience with operations and development in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience managing AWS and container systems.
- Positive attitude with keen attention to detail and a desire to produce high-quality results.
- Independent, self motivated, proactive approach to problem solving and prevention.
- History of working effectively in a small-team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for the cybersecurity space.
- Understanding of/practical experience with SIEMs, TIPS, SOARs or other security systems.
- Prior experience working in the security space.
- Prior experience working successfully with a distributed team.
DomainTools helps security analysts turn threat data into threat intelligence. We take indicators from your network, including domains and IPs, and connect them with nearly every active domain on the Internet. Those connections inform risk assessments, help profile attackers, guide online fraud investigations, and map cyber activity to attacker infrastructure. Fortune 1000 companies, global government agencies, and leading security solution vendors use the DomainTools platform as a critical ingredient in their threat investigation and mitigation work. We are located in Belltown (downtown Seattle) in a very cool office staffed with smart, energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits and some outstanding perks.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.