Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
This is a senior member of the team, we're looking for somebody with prior experience running production Kubernetes at scale on AWS or GCP. Along with this you’ll have worked with service mesh(es), infrastructure-as-code, deployment systems and have experience writing automation in a modern programming language.
About the Team
SRE COR stands for compute, observability and reliability. This Site Reliability Engineering team builds and supports the infrastructure and tools that Outreach depends on to deliver services to our customers. We work closely together and strive to find creative, scalable solutions to the problems we run into. We come from IT, DevOps, SRE, and software engineering backgrounds.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- You will help build, improve and maintain our tech stack consisting of Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, ArgoCD, DataDog, Python, Golang, Ruby and whatever new tools we pickup. Along the way you'll be asked to lead projects, develop or find net-new solutions, evaluate products, and lead discussions on technology topics. As a leader in this space, you will be expected to mentor and bring up those around you.
- Experience with Kubernetes in a production environment
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, logs
- Cloud computing (one or more of AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Understanding of distributed systems and their commonly associated problems
- Strong Unix and networking fundamentals
- Belief in automating away problems
We encourage you to apply, even if you think the position sounds a bit outside your wheelhouse. Our ideal candidate is someone who is interested in learning and developing on the job constantly, even if you can walk in through the door on your first day and immediately do amazing things.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status