Senior Systems Engineer at ServiceNow
This position reports to Manager, Systems Engineering
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks, and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
ServiceNow has been serving customers for 17 years and has built a resilient and robust business, with a solid customer base. The Cloud Infrastructure Systems Engineering team at ServiceNow is looking for help to architect and build the server infrastructure and core services that allow our SaaS platform to run at scale and with high availability. We are looking for a skilled Systems Engineer who can help craft the technology and processes needed to sustain ServiceNow’s growth while gaining valuable experience in modern systems and software development. This role is available in our Kirkland, Washington or San Diego, California offices.
What you get to do in this role:
- Write and maintain software-defined declarative infrastructure, at scale.
- Create build systems, web services, and automation tools that are thoroughly specified, documented, and testable.
- Build orchestration workflows by leveraging features of the ServiceNow platform.
- Research and implement new open-source and commercial tools, technologies and methodologies
- Collaborate with peer teams who have built world-class networking and orchestration solutions
To be successful in this role, we need someone who:
- Can figure things out. You will have documentation and many peers to turn to for help, but your work will touch many interconnected systems and technologies; too many to rely solely on others’ knowledge. To succeed you will need to investigate and discover on your own.
- Is very comfortable building and maintaining Linux-based systems through automated tooling such as (but not limited to) Terraform, Cobbler, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Is comfortable with virtualization using both public and private cloud infrastructure technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon EC2, VMWare vSphere, etc.
- Is comfortable designing, authoring, testing, and debugging code in a popular systems language such as Python, Go, Java, or Ruby
- Has a working understanding of related infrastructure concepts such as IP networking, block and file storage, load-balancers, etc.
- Has a working understanding of related internet protocols such as DNS, LDAP, NTP, SMTP, HTTP, etc.
- Is an excellent oral and written communicator
- Has integrity, honesty and can uphold ServiceNow’s values
While these are not ‘musts’, they are undoubtedly nice-to-have:
- Fulltime software development experience
- Relevant Azure, AWS or GCP certifications
- Deep experience with Terraform (any provider, but especially Azure)
NOTE: This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.
And Finally, ServiceNow As a Company
At this point, you already know that ServiceNow is changing the way people work. Due to the success of our products, we are experiencing growth in all areas of our organization.
To sustain our growth, we are looking for drivers - people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in and stand out.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong in aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [[email protected]] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.