Senior Technology Leader, Web Application at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is seeking a Leader for our Web Application engineering team. They will see the evolution of our web architecture and drive delivery of industry-leading features for our customers.
We need a leader who is passionate about front-end experiences and the technologies that back them. This person will work closely with other technology leaders, UX, product and marketing to deliver industry-leading experience while driving advances in our UI platform. You will manage a team working across all aspects of the web application to grow the culture and growth of the team. Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills are required; a strong sense of ownership is also critical. Your work will have executive-level visibility and directly impact our bottom line.
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our corporate offices are located in Seattle’s vibrant Pioneer Square district, home to the latest wave of internet startups and packed with restaurants and excellent access to transportation and entertainment. Our dress code favors jeans and our facilities include bike racks, showers, and great access to the waterfront and Myrtle Edwards Park for activities.
- Set technology roadmap for the web application leading the evolution of the platform and migration to the cloud
- Manage a multidisciplinary team to delivery best-in-class features for our customers
- Grow team by overseeing hiring and retention programs as well as expanding near-shore vendor relationships
- Drive a culture of technical excellence, experimenting with new frameworks and ensuring best-practices are followed for all aspects of delivery including automation
- Provide web development leadership and mentoring, introducing new technologies and techniques to the teams
- Work alongside our creative and product team to ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and Optimize for maximum speed and scalability
- Define and advocate for business initiatives which drive efficiency and scale to our platform
- Work closely with peers to ensure successful outcomes and improve business processes
- Proven track record of mentoring individual contributors and managers
- Proven track record delivering high-quality features to production use agile methodologies
- Strong analysis, design, development skills and experience setting architectural roadmaps
- Strong communication skills; you will be working with a variety of business leaders throughout the company
- Experience with microservice architectures, DevOps and cloud computing
- Experience setting up and managing vendor engagements
- Advocate for data-driven decision and success metrics
- Experience with global web application