Senior VR/ AR Engineer at Pluto!
Pluto’s mission is to help humanity transcend physical location. We are looking for engineers who are excited about solving the technological and communication challenges associated with achieving this. As an engineer at Pluto, you'll work on a variety of different technologies and be part of a team that values collaboration, continuous improvement, and solving technical and product problems in an emerging space. Our apps encompass a broad range of development technologies including Swift and C# apps, cross-platform web apps, and Node.js microservices.
What you'll do:
- Build a mass-market communication product for spatial computing (AR/VR/MR)
- Contribute to the entire product lifecycle from prototype to implementation to ongoing service support
- Have the opportunity to work on all areas of our tech stack
- Work on a small engineering team in an Agile environment
- Mentor and support your fellow teammates
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with pair programming and working in collaborative development environment
- Experience writing well-tested, production-quality clean code
- Track record of shipping, scaling, and maintaining consumer-facing software products
- Experience with a variety of different languages and platforms
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum engineering environment
- Familiarity with mentoring and growing early-career engineers
We also expect you to have deep experience in one or more of the following:
- Spatial computing (AR, VR, etc)
- Games industry or Unity development
- Real-time video/audio rendering, including encoding/ decoding, and compression.
- WebRTC or other communications/networking
- Graphics development, including shader programming, low-level graphics API experience and solid understanding of linear algebra
- People management experience