Who we are
We’re ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play a reality, and infuse them with innovation, hand-crafted detail, and creative passion. As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we’re proud to share our passion for the online worlds we’ve created with over 11 million players worldwide.
Online worlds are an always-on service for our players. ArenaNet’s engineers take great pride in writing high quality, highly optimized code that can remain in live service for over a decade. We need people like you who are just as passionate as we are about engineering online worlds with industry leading technology.
Why join the Platform Programming team?
- Are you passionate about building robust online platforms? We take pride in creating the platforms behind one of the most successful online games. We value quality and are always looking to improve.
- Do you like to solve a wide variety of problems? In addition to developing the backend servers, we also build our DevOps, ETL and many other core infrastructures.
- Do you enjoy working on impactful projects? We are a small team. Each member shares a great deal of autonomy and responsibility.
What we’ve worked on recently
- Shipped a new Guild Wars 2 expansion.
- Shipped another season of our episodic content.
- Released an automated PvP tournaments system.
- While doing all that, we migrated our entire datacenters to AWS with no service downtime!
What you will work on
Your C++, Python, SQL and distributed programming skills will be essential in helping us succeed. Here is a glimpse of the kinds of work you could do:
- Make our servers run more efficiently through optimization, automation and monitoring.
- Build new analytics systems leveraging AWS and Snowflake.
- Improve our PvP, WvW and commerce systems.
- Plan and build out the backend pieces for our next generation of projects.
Join our team!
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work. Learn more about working with us at https://arena.net/ or ping us at [email protected]
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.