- Respond to, record, track, and close tickets through service desk software.
- Assist with evolving internal documentation.
- Manage projects from design, planning, and implementation.
- Work with the other members of the IT team to provide support and enforce IT and Security policies.
- Coordinate with IT Compliance, Security, and Risk requirements on cross organizational compliance efforts.
- Configuration and management of asset inventory, support issue tracking, management and deployment and imaging tools.
- Rely on monitoring and analytics tools like Sumo Logic to guarantee uptime and performance of our core SaaS applications and dependent company services.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software (e.g.,Tray.io, Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python, Bash)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Deep knowledge of device monitoring and tooling using tools such as SumoLogic
- Experience with SQL query languages and understanding of modern DB query tools.
- Understanding of modern web and performance technologies like Drupal and Cloudflare
- Document and author policies & procedures in Confluence
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Experience in a fast paced startup or SaaS company is highly desirable
- Position may require limited emergency evening, weekend or call-in support
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Security+ or CISSP certification PLUS!!
- Desired: External Audit, or SOX/SOC/HIPAA/HiTRUST program or an equivalent work experience
- Ability to work well both independently and in teams, with attention to detail