Your Day to Day
- Perform design, code, and process reviews to improve individual systems as well as engineering-wide.
- Tackle the difficult problems we face in a long term sustainable manner.
- Help make our team better by contributing to design and launch reviews for new services.
- Advocate for and apply best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence, and efficiency.
- Investigate new ways to continually improve all aspects of what we do.
- Engage early with teams on new products and services design to ensure that what is delivered survives production.
- Write world class code to make our lives easier.
- Work to ensure the systems meet federal standards for security, sustainability and maintainability.
- US Citizenship
- Successfully worked with distributed, multi-timezone teams
- A passion to remove manual toil from the system
- Experience of operating either a public or large internal service with demanding customers
- Strong working knowledge of Linux based systems
- Exceptionally strong is system engineering and design
- Experience of building & operating Cloud hosted services (i.e. built on Azure, AWS etc using tools like Terraform, Cloud formation, Packer, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, Spinnaker etc
- Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Datadog
- ELK, Solr, Cassandra, Kafka, ActiveMQ, Redis, MySQL, MS SQL
- Build ‘Systems in a box’, meaning Federally approved systems
- Worked on Federal systems
- Familiar with Federal security, compliance and system design requirement
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...