Yapta's mission is simple: To give our customers confidence in travel. We are the world leader in fare transparency and cost savings. We analyze billions of rates every month, using that data to automatically rebook, reticket, and report on air and hotel bookings. Over the years, we’ve accumulated a very large and unique set of data to provide our corporate customers with valuable insights, predictions, and recommendations in travel.
We were recently named to Deloitte’s Fast 500, are highly profitable, and have grown 400% in the past 4 years. Our team is fast paced and focused, but we maintain a healthy work/life balance and have fun. We value integrity, flexibility, accountability, drive, and collaboration.
You’ll be joining the Cloud Platform Engineering team as a Site Reliability Engineer. Our team is responsible for providing the business with speed and safety in innovation. As a platform team, we work across all of product and engineering by helping them tackle the undifferentiated issues in delivering value to the customer and tracking that value across the software lifecycle.
What you'll do
- Show teams what they’ve been missing. Work closely with development teams to improve observability so they can make informed, data-driven decisions, and adopt new tools and processes to ensure safe, reliable software delivery. Be the expert in tool choices and become the toolsmith when those tools fall short.
- Promote developer autonomy. Product and service health is a team sport. You will be the subject matter expert that will help enable teams to be fully accountable for the services they manage. Be the guide that enables teams to effectively and efficiently respond to the inevitable challenges of software development.
- Automate away the toil. Identify and automate repetitive tasks to reduce operational overhead, find opportunities to improve existing processes, and improve DevOps practices for infrastructure and service management.
How to succeed
- Be one with business needs. Learn what allows the business to deliver value, then learn how to best measure and present this data. Understanding the metrics that make products and services successful are what will help guide the most impactful decisions. There is a wealth of data, and your goal is to separate the signal from the noise.
- The willingness to document and to teach. Our culture here at Yapta is centered around helping each other grow. Knowing the answer is good, but sharing that answer and detailing the process leading to that conclusion is better. This focus is what we believe leads us down the path of autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
- Your data driven decision making. Yapta brings confidence in travel, you bring confidence in software development. Sense the miscommunications and provide insights through data. Lead the way in bringing actionable information to the forefront.
- Your proactive nature. You don't like sitting around waiting for issues to appear or work to be assigned to you. You're happy to jump in and actively start working on improving other things. Once you're aware of pain points, you're happy to go out on your own and make improvements or create documentation without being asked.
- Your growth mindset. You’re never too quick to dismiss ideas both old and new. You’re eager to learn, to teach, and to seek out additional opportunities for improvement for yourself, for your team, and for the business.
What you’ll thrive on
- Work in an open environment with talented and energetic people.
- Enjoy creative freedom when building new things.
- Be supported, but never micromanaged.
What you need
- 2+ years experience in site reliability engineering, cloud systems engineering, or software engineering
- Experience working with Cloud Native Computing Foundation technologies (Kubernetes, Prometheus, Fluentd), or equivalent technologies
- Understanding of version control (Bitbucket, Git) and code documentation
What we offer
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Optional work-from-home Wednesdays
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Budget for learning opportunities (conferences, online courses, etc)
- 5 weeks of PTO and 10 paid holidays (total 7 weeks)
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchens, with coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, company outings, ping pong tournaments, movies, etc.
This position is based in Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US. Yapta is unable to provide visa sponsorship for US employment eligibility at this time or in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.