Site Reliability Engineer
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
AT A GLANCE
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team. We provide tools and services to all teams in OfferUp for managing an increasingly complex production infrastructure handling billions of requests per day. Our success is measured by our ability to allow everyone to stand up and deploy services quickly with no downtime. In this role, you will be at the forefront of driving and developing the technology that improves the availability, scalability, performance and reliability of OfferUp.
- Work with other SREs to build a comprehensive set of tools to automate and monitor our production infrastructure
- Work with other engineering teams to build resilient, operable, self-healing services
- Participate in reasonable on-call rotations with the rest of Engineering
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Managed groups of servers, preferably in AWS, at scale
- Reasonably deep knowledge of Linux and internet technologies
- Proficient in modern scripting languages like Python or Ruby
- Configuration management tools like Terraform and Puppet
- Used advanced metrics to solve hard problems
Nice to have
- Experience with continuous integration
- Contribution to open source projects
- An active interest in serverless computing and containerization
- Collaborates and works as a team
- Avoids doing things twice
- Solves hard problems for tomorrow, not just for today
- Stays positive and prefers fixing problems to complaining about them
- Investigates, considers and adopts new technology where it makes sense
- Doesn’t tolerate brilliant jerks
Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.