SOC Analyst at Unity Technologies
The Unity Security Operations Center is seeking an experienced SOC Analyst. We are building our SOC from the ground up, and as one of the first Analysts in our first location, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to drive decisions and help create the processes that we will use moving forward around the globe.
This position requires the ability and interest to investigate incidents from end-to-end, starting with an alert or notification and working backwards to root cause, creating a timeline, inventory of affected systems, explanation of methods used by the attacker, etc. Support from another Analyst in the same time zone will be available, as well as experts from other Security teams, such as Infrastructure Security and Application Security.
Our roadmap calls for achieving around-the-clock coverage by having analysts located in different timezones. However, as with all Security positions at Unity, occasional off-hours work will be necessary in critical situations.
- Write detection rules
- Investigate alerts, perform root cause analysis
- Forensic investigation, such as log and PCAP analysis
- Evaluate potential tools for use in SOC
- Author tools and scripts as needed
- Experience monitoring and responding to events in a SOC
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms
- Ability to understand and make use of vulnerability data (CVEs, OWASP, etc.)
- Proficiency with Linux system administration, including networks, and software
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages, such as Python or Ruby
- Working knowledge of fundamental Internet protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.)
- Experience with Elasticsearch (ELK)
- Experience with GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with Kubernetes deployment
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.