We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for maintaining server systems that run our mobile rewards applications (iOS and Android). Your focus will be development and maintenance of server-side application logic, database schema, and related testing. You will also be responsible for assisting with development of the reporting systems that turn operational data into useful information for management of the business.
Ability to handle manage multiple tasks in a team environment.
2yr+ experience in Ruby on Rails applications
- Turning project requirements into functional specs
- Test development
Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Database schema design and indexing
- Experience with SQL outside of an application/ORM environment
- Comfortable writing report queries with multiple table joins and aggregations
Preferred Skills, in one or more areas:
Data Warehouse development and reporting
- Plan and implement warehouse schema
- Develop, monitor, and maintain ETL processes
- Build and maintain code testing and deployment automation
Linux server system administration
- Patch management and version upgrades
- Monitoring of server performance
- OS Troubleshooting
- We offer a flexible working situation where you can telecommute 2-3 days per week depending on each project.
- Competitive Compensation, 401k, medical insurance for you and options for your family.
- Bring your dog to work.
- Coffee, soda and snacks provided at work
- Frequent company lunches
- Friday afternoon company event with the team monthly.
- We minimize meetings and have just a single all company meeting Friday afternoons to catch-up on company progress, your progress, etc. We have a close tight knit group and we are very welcoming to new co-workers.