Software Development Engineer | Amazon Prime & Delivery Experience at Amazon
For millions of customers worldwide, the Amazon name is synonymous with delivery – and the Delivery Experience (DEX) team provides those customers with innovative ways to get what they want and need, enabling the choices they make on every order, every day. We combine customer impact with retail invention, solving huge technical challenges along the way.
The Amazon Prime Delivery Experience team is seeking a Software Development Engineer to join a team that powers the Checkout Delivery Experience on all of Amazon's Global retail websites and subsidiaries.
· Every single retail purchase placed on Amazon's retail websites uses our team’s software
· Our systems process hundreds of millions of transactions per day
· Our team’s work impacts millions of customers all over the world
In this role, you will:
· Build highly extensible software systems to meet the rapid growth of Amazon's delivery business and capabilities.
· Evolve and build services that are highly reliable and extremely low latency
· Design the direction of the checkout delivery experience working with multiple, different teams across the company
· Build the next generation systems for representing delivery choices to enable rapid experimentation in the area of User Experience
You will be on a team in a fast-paced environment, working with a team of smart software engineers to design and build the right technical solutions to meet the needs of the business. You will have direct ownership over the design of new components aimed at improving the platform's extensibility, scalability, availability, and latency. We care about both delighting customers and high quality software; we don’t sacrifice one for the other. We’re looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of highly-scalable, global software solutions.
· 5+ years of professional experience in software development
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Proficiency in more than one modern programming language, e.g. C, C++, C#, Java, Python, or Perl
· Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
· An understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Experience with Agile programming practices like Unit Testing and Continuous Deployment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.