Software Development Engineer, Finance Technology
Remitly is a sender of money on a global scale, and every remittance relies on dozens of teams and systems working in tandem to send a customer’s money to loved ones back home. The Customer Transaction Accounting Platform (CTAP) pulls data from across Remitly’s systems to provide an accurate, immutable ledger of customer transaction activity. From the massive volume of remittance data that Remitly processes and produces, our Accounting Platform creates balance.
What will your experience on the team be like?
- Accounting is a tight-knit, cross-functional group of passionate, collaborative individuals who will teach you, motivate you, and help you grow.
- We insist on quality as a starting point, and believe that the only way to achieve that is with talented people who are well-rested, so we can ideate and create effectively.
- Remitly has a more mature corporate culture than most startups, with a clear mission, established product, and the camaraderie of a large team. With a lot of opportunities ahead, we continue to empower everyone to shape the company’s growth and have broad impact.
- We have a beautiful downtown office space, close to major bus and light rail stops, with free snacks, and gym access
- We offer a competitive salary, stock options, learning and travel reimbursement, an Orca transit card, subsidized parking, medical/dental/vision/disability, 401(k), and more
What kinds of things will you work on?
- Build an event-sourced data processing platform using AWS offerings, automated testing, continuous integration, monitoring, and mature deployment infrastructure
- Work across teams and codebases to ensure accurate data flow from systems across the company
- Collaborate directly with your customers within Remitly to design and develop features that make our accounting processes smoother, more accurate, and more transparent
- Contribute to better engineering quality and processes as part of a rapidly growing company
What do we need from you?
- Similarly, understanding of database fundamentals is necessary. You bring experience with at least one database (SQL or NoSQL), and we will teach you what we use (MySQL, Redshift, Dynamo).
- The Accounting Platform team is embedded within a diverse organization of technical and non-technical people. We work together and communicate closely so we can build the best product together. We would like to see experience collaborating closely with others in multi-disciplinary teams, and a strong desire to continue doing so.
- We have a strong culture of mentorship at Remitly, and we're hoping that the prospect of providing and receiving mentorship excites you as much as it excites us.
We also consider experience with any of these to be nice-to-haves:
- Contributing to technical designs and processes across a team
- Test-driven Development and/or Behavior-driven Development
- AWS or related cloud technologies
- Distributed systems or microservice architecture in production
- Event-sourced systems
If any of those sound like what you'd like to learn next, then we'd love to hear from you.
Who are we?
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $5 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers’ PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.