Software Development Engineer, Global Product Client Platform
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Does working across a native app, web, and service stack to deliver impactful customer features sound exciting? Would you enjoy building a platform that enables and empowers other teams to release great client products? Our Global Product team might be for you!
On this team, you’ll work to create a scalable, robust client platform that empowers and accelerates application development across Remitly. You’ll contribute to our shared React and React Native codebase, stepping down to native iOS and Android as necessary to deliver great experiences. Working closely with our services teams, you’ll help design maintainable and resilient APIs, occasionally working directly in our backend systems. You'll also collaborate closely with other developers, PMs, and designers to build new customer experiences on top of the client platform.
Some examples of things you'll work on include:
- Expanding our React/React Native codebase with new shared components.
- Setting the standard for frontend best practices, utilizing modern tools like TypeScript and Webpack.
- Integrating features like fingerprint authentication, Android Pay, and Apple Pay into our native applications.
- Building tools and infrastructure allowing teams to independently deliver client features.
- Developing new features directly within our products to improve customer experience.
We're looking for people who meet the following requirements:
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Substantial experience creating client applications, notably Android, iOS, or React.
- Strong ability to mentor and influence other engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Who we are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.