Software Development Engineer II, Payments Platform
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. Working at Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The Payments Platform team is responsible for the core of Remitly’s product; a platform transferring funds in a reliable, consistent and timely manner ensuring our customers always have a great experience – from the time they send, to the time their remittance is received.
What will your experience on the team be like?
- Our team is tasked with building the next generation platform that is at the heart of Remitly, used for all money transfers.
- We run on modern technology stacks, relying on AWS offerings, automated testing, monitoring, and mature deployment infrastructure.
- We aim for quality software as a starting point and believe that work-life balance is required to make this happen.
Some examples of things you’ll work on:
- Contribute to company expansion by laying the foundations for a next generation platform to enable payments across the globe
- Make customers transfers fast and reliable by evolving the distributed software architecture that is at the heart of Remitly
- Helping to build an intelligent rules engine to ensure transfers are routed optimally every time over the best available banking partner
- Building a scalable, maintainable, and reliable platform for integrating with diverse bank APIs around the globe to collect, manage, track, and disburse funds
What do we need from you?
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer
- Understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms
- An understanding of database fundamentals and expertise in working with one or more databases. Preferable experience in SQL, NoSQL, and related technologies
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and related cloud technologies a plus
- Experience with distributed systems or microservices architecture in production a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other engineers
- Experience contributing to technical designs and processes across a team
- Knowledge of the remittances industry and domain is a plus
Who we are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.