Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Transaction Engineering team owns and operates the systems that orchestrate and process every remittance we serve. As part of the team, you'll help ensure the reliable and fast delivery of our customers' money to their recipients, allowing them to know where their money is along the way. You'll work directly with partner teams and product management to understand and enable new product and business use cases, and you'll implement system improvements to our services to increase their flexibility and scalability for the years to come. Reporting to the team's Engineering Manager, you'll participate in planning and shaping our roadmap with a focus on creating customer value.
- Deliver technical features end-to-end through design, development, launch, and long-term support.
- Build, own, and operate services at the core of Remitly's tech stack.
- Help build the next generation systems that process every remittance Remitly sends.
- Partner with product managers and engineers across teams to help achieve product and business goals.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining software.
- Proficiency with one or more general purpose programming languages like Java or Go.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer