Software Development Engineer II
At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role
As a Software Development Engineer reporting to an Engineering Manager at Remitly, you are a customer-centric builder and a leader, responsible for taking on complex technical and customer problems and creating great products backed by great systems. We use languages, tools, and frameworks to build applications and services on top of a scalable cloud architecture. Our systems handle customer transactions at scale and employ myriad technologies spanning mobile and web apps, distributed back-end services, data pipelines and machine learning. We are looking for software engineers who produce high-quality code with a focus on efficiency and code quality.
Our startup work environment is passionate, and growing quickly. Our engineers have a sense of ownership, and apply new skills and patterns; they also have an eye for best practices and maintainability. No task is too big or too little, and Remitly developers challenge themselves with a diverse range of tasks to accomplish our customer promises.
As a Remitly software engineer, you develop scalable solutions to challenging product, business, and technical problems within your area and with diverse teams. As a part of small teams, developers partner with a passionate and multi-functional team of Product, Marketing, Design, and Executive team members, and make a customer impact every day. Most of all, you should care deeply about our customers' experiences. We need our engineers to be role models, embodying Remitly's cultural values and be excited to directly improve quality and timeline of our products.
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent equivalent work or academic experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a software developer.
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java, Go, PHP, Python or Ruby.
- Experience with common professional technologies like Git, Linux/Unix, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud-computing concepts and technologies (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Azure).
- A strong desire to learn.
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance benefits.
- Company contributes to your HSA plan if you choose one.
- 401k plan with company matching.
- Free snacks, hot and cold beverages.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.